We’re finally approaching summer: The days are getting longer, the sun is shining and the weather’s getting warmer — it’s the perfect opportunity to spend more time outdoors.
Is your backyard or patio ready for heavier use?
If not, there’s still time, and you don’t need to spend a lot to make it happen. Here are five great ways to upgrade your outdoor area as we close in on the summer months.
- Update Fences: Are there broken posts or holes your neighbors can see through? Repair the fence to ensure your privacy before summertime rolls in. You can also give it a new coat of paint or stain to improve your yard’s overall aesthetic.
- Install a Focal Point: Every outdoor space needs a focal point — something to add visual appeal and interest. Fountains can be a great option, as can blooming gardens, well-lit walking paths or vine-covered pergolas.
- Include Nature: Adding potted or planted flowers and bushes are great ways to bring nature into your outdoor area. You can also invite local fauna by installing a birdbath or hummingbird feeder.
- Create an Outdoor Room: Outdoor dining rooms, living areas and even full-fledged outdoor kitchens are on-trend. They can extend your usable living space and provide a great area for entertaining.
- Add a Gathering Point: Have a place your family and guests can gather. It can be a fire pit surrounded by folding chairs, an outdoor kitchen with a full dining set or a cozy outdoor couch to sit on and mingle. Choose one that fits your aesthetic, budget and entertaining style best.
Remember to contact your community manager before making any changes to your outdoor space.