Coventry Group partnered with Erik Fox of Rees Broome, P.C. to provide free training to HOAs in the Shenandoah Valley on September 26th. This session, HOA Check-Up, covered not only the basic initial check list for an association, but also the recodification of the POA Act, 2019 statutory changes, covenant enforcement, and the always important board ethics.
If you would like a notification of our next quarterly workshop, request an invite here.
Erik provided helpful links from his workshop:
* Incorporation up to date? https://cisiweb.scc.virginia.gov/z_container.aspx
* DPOR license up to date? http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/LicenseLookup/
* Complaint Resolution in place? Here’s a sample – http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/uploadedFiles/MainSite/Content/HomeownersAssociation/CICO%20Sample%20Assn%20Complaint%20Form.pdf
* Reserve Study Guidelines-http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/uploadedFiles/MainSite/Content/Boards/CIC/Guidelines%20for%20the%20Development%20of%20Reserve%20Studies%20for%20Capital%20Components.pdf
* Resale Disclosure Packet/Certificate updated? http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/CIC-Board/Disclosure_Notices/
* Recodification – https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacodefull/title55.1/subtitleIV/